I was given the following instructions by a friend: “Hold your hands out in front of you, palms down. Imagine that you have a total of six strings tied around your fingers. What objects are dangling from the strings?”
After much pondering, here is what are on my six strings:
- A photograph of all those that are special in my life, which changes as it blows in the springtime breeze, whose touch is like the special touch they bring to my life with being in it, and have made a special place forever in both my heart and soul;
- A pencil as a reminder for all that I have been fortunate to learn in life and all that I will learn throughout because it is not all about the formal study but what we learn from our experiences and being empathetic to others as understand their pain and joy;
- A lemon which may sound odd but some may see lemons for their bitter taste but others may find the smell of one sweet; which is a reminder that even when there maybe something I dislike or disagree with, there is always more than one point of view in life;
- A seed of the horse chestnut tree, a.k.a a “conker”, not only does it symbolise my love of nature but as a reminder of autumn (my favourite time of year), the changes that occur within and childhood innocence running among the freshly fallen leaves;
- A tube of purple paint as not only does it symbolise my love and passion for creativity from art to music with the sounds and visuals both bring, it is the warmest yet also the most coolest of colours making it magical and mysterious at the same time;
- A sunflower to remind me of dawn and that each day is a new opportunity to start again, put away what has upset me the day before and not dwell on it, as well as starting new tasks that may not be easy but will be ultimately worthwhile it in the end.
What would be your six?