- When was the last time you tried something new?
– Last month, learning the Danish language.
- Do you think crying is a form of strength or weakness?
– Strength, as letting go of what is hurting us and a sign to move on from it as best we can.
- Are you living or existing?
– I try to ensure I live in the moment but some days feel like it is existing by joining the dots going from day to night.
- Are you holding on to something you need to let go of?
– Yes, some personal stuff that still hurts from my past and impacts on the present.
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how you are?
– Mid-70s, feel I have seen the world many times over and so many repeats but yet still room for surprises too.
- What makes you smile?
– Seeing a message from one of my closest friends or my niece Isabella’s excitement at life without the jadeness we gain with age.
- When was the last time you listened to the sound of your own breathing?
– The other day when sat watching autumn leaves fall around me.
- What has life taught you recently?
– Some people will always judge others by their standards or how they think life should be lived, best not give them your oxygen or time.
- Can you describe your life in six words?
– A cryptic maze with false paths.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make mistakes?
– As in admitting we were wrong or caused an error leaves us feeling exposed and vulnerable, thus open to pain and hurt.
- If life is short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t?
– We dwell too much on negativity and find positivity really hard, but should focus on we do have or are not would like or had.
- Is it more important to love or to be loved?
– Both, as being loved shows us what love is and we should share that with those we feel are important in our lives (not just on anniversaries and special occasions).
- What act of kindness were you were once shown that you will never forget?
– My closest friends by believing in me and encouraging me when I was not able to do so for myself.
- What is your goal for the next six months?
– Find the middle of the maze.
- If you could live one day of life over again, what day would you choose?
– Hard to single out one day as changing things would change who I am now but days filled with good memories I would like to keep being special for their uniqueness.
What about you? What are your answers?
© Fi S. J. Brown