I am at a lake, sat under a tree, wind touching my hair, and sun beating down. Across the lake is a bridge, to the West are mountains and the East a dense forest. In the sky three birds fly high and sing their song. I ponder what this one moment in time and view painted before me means, as everything happens for a reason.
- My reflection in the lake is reminder of how unique my journey in life and my actions have ripple effects like a skipping stone upon the lake itself;
- The tree shows me like it’s rings I have good and bad years, I have the strength to carry on, giving shelter and hope to others;
- The wind is Mother Nature’s kiss to share her maternal love and knows better than any other mother what is right and wrong;
- The sun gives hope that even in times of darkness there will be light again soon, even if right now appeals to be pitch black;
- The bridge a reminder I have choices to make in life and sometimes it is best to burn bridges on the past when someone has hurt me;
- The mountains foretell of hard times ahead but the journey to reach the summit will fill me with knowledge and experience;
- Where as the forest foretells of change and that a transitional phase is to occur but no matter what must always follow my instincts;
- Finally the birds are my closest friends, they are there to remind me that they support me and even if I don’t see them, I can hear them.
So which of my options do I explore first? Easy. I climb the tree as then I can have all my strength and knowledge to help me make the decision that is right for me now and not forget the bigger picture. Finally remembering that the plans and actions of today, are what bear the fruits and gifts tomorrow and a future to come.
© Fi S. J. Brown