Stop where you are and what you’re doing, pause briefly, and note in your head: three things you see, three things you can hear and three things you can touch.
In your own time do the following:
- The first type or write it down in pen on paper, in any language;
- The second draw or paint, even sculpt it with clay, so can be seen;
- The third say aloud or sing it in a song so now has a voice of its own;
- The fourth mimic either in action or sound, is it easy or hard to copy;
- The fifth note how it makes you feel, happy or sad, and also why;
- The sixth what shape does it have, is it like others, can you compare;
- The seventh what or who does it remind you of, past/present/future;
- The eighth can you put a value on it, does it need one or is it priceless;
- The ninth can you imagine a world where it was not here on Earth now.
Before you finish, I want you to think of a tenth thing – yourself. All you have noted above are aspects of your own character as you see them.
Pause at least once a day remembering that you matter too, how uniquely remarkable it is to be you, and try be a bit kinder or gentler with you.
© Fi S. J. Brown